Monday, April 23, 2012

I had a dream (not about MLK)

What do you want to be when you grow up? Remember that question? At what age do you realize that is the scariest question in the world? Well I am 34 and it just hit me. Let me tell you a story...hey where you going?! This is not going to be one of my long posts. For real...man sit down and listen...

So a co-worker and I were chatting about her 9 year old son and a question he asked his aunt. He innocently asked, "Auntie when you were a kid, what was your dream" she replied "I wanted to move to New York and become a writer". He asked her what happened. She said I have a baby and then life. He reminded her that her baby was now an adult so what was stopping her and she couldn't answer him. How do you tell a 9 year that my dream got sucked outta me and now I am just living and trying to make it the best life I possibly can even though...

Hell I didn't even try to live my dream so I don't know if I would have made it or not (that is another story for another time and some brown liquor). This is scary to me. That one day my nephew will ask me what my dream was when I was a child and then...what happened.

Yeah that's all I got.

Oh what maybe I will say when I was a kid I had one dream but as I grew up my dreams changed and as I accomplished each dream...more dreams were created <---haha see what I did there.

Night yall and sweet dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment