Thursday, August 22, 2013

I get so emotional

Look Dammit!

There are still good people in the world and despite what is depicted on television- we outnumber the bad people.

Bad people don't "look" a certain way- they Think a certain way.

The government has been the same cloak of secrecy it's been for years- I don't know why people get surprised when more news comes out that they have been monitoring us (four words- Enemy of the State). We live in the best country in the world but hey, it's not without its faults.

My experiences in this world, this country, this state, this city are Mine. Please don't try to make them seem trite, small, big or an overreaction. And I will do the same for you.

Please don't assume Al Sharpton speaks for me and I won't assume Alan Keys, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coultier, Rachel Maddow, Min Farrakhan, Chris Matthews, or Melissa Perry Harris (whew) speaks for you. I speak for me. I am very capable of formulating my own opinion and sometime, I don't even mind sharing it.

Look dammit, we aren't going to agree on every single thing but that doesn't mean we have to resort to saying ugly things about one another. If you can't handle a debate don't step up to the lectern.

I am an optimist. I believe in change for the positive. I believe that conservatives, liberals, and independents can live in a country where compromise will truly be an action word. A world, where before someone reacts they will try to see the situation from another point of view other than their own. A world where people realize that we all want the same thing- love, prosperity, happiness, longevity and the sports (NFL, NBA, MLB, ect) package. Oh and a world where I can eat all the snickers blizzards I want and not gain any weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment