Thursday, July 10, 2014

Shut don't go up...

Ladies, Ladies, Ladies...

Ya know sometimes you just have to be quiet...don't say anything.
Or maybe I should say it so you really get my point- don't say nothing!

I know it's hard but sometimes silence speaks much louder than any words.
Have you ever heard the expressions, "silence is golden" or "silence is loud"?
They are true.

You don't always have to have the last word.
That extra "okay"...yeah keep that to yourself and save it for a rainy day.
That long "uh huuuh" you feel creeping out of your mouth- shut it down.
Trust me...trust me...I know it is very hard.
I mean the phrase is right there and it just wants to come out and say "yeah right" but don't do it.
Keep the thought to yourself (you already having a conversation in your mind anyway).

Here's the thing, typically nothing good comes from those extra ad-libs and comments.
You are more likely to cause yet another argument (or prolong the heated discussion you are already involved in).
Just go to your corner and save your energy.
Take a moment.
Breathe and think of better comebacks than "okay" and "uh huuuh" <--you are better than those!

This has been a TJ-PSA.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment